This chapter focused on: Diagnosing Problems; Common Problems; and, Roadside Emergencies.
Automotive Parts Sites
- AC Delco Replacement Parts
- Advance Auto Parts
- Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance
- Auto Parts Warehouse
- AutoZone, Inc.
- CARQUEST Auto Parts
- JC Whitney
- National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA)
- O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Pep Boys
- RockAuto, LLC
Transportation Safety Sites
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Insurance Information Institute
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- U.S. Department of Transportation
Scan Tool Test Procedures
On-Board Diagnostics Version 2 (OBD II) Codes
Common problems and roadside emergencies can range from minor mechanical issues to serious accidents. The key to getting through these often difficult and stressful situations is to be prepared and stay calm. Analyze the situation and find an appropriate solution. Keep in mind that vehicles can be replaced. Human safety needs to be the number one priority.
Activities and Study Questions
Activities and study questions can be completed in the Auto Upkeep Workbook.
Research careers using the Occupational Outlook Handbook.