This chapter focused on: Key Characteristics of a Quality Repair Facility; Facility Types; Estimates and Repair Orders; and, Warranty Considerations.
Automotive Group Sites
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- Automotive Service Association
- Car Care Council
- Consumer Reports
- Motorists Assurance Program
- National Inst. for Automotive Service Excellence
Certified Pre-Owned Auto Sites
- Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram Certified Pre-Owned
- Ford Certified Pre-Owned
- General Motors Certified Used Vehicles
- Honda Certified Used Cars
- Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned
- Toyota Certified
Chain Repair Center Sites
- AAMCO Transmissions, Inc.
- Car-X Auto Service
- Firestone Complete Auto Care
- Jiffy Lube International, Inc.
- Maaco Collision Repair and Auto Painting
- Meineke Car Care Center
- Midas International Corporation
- NAPA Auto Care Center
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Whether your vehicle needs an oil change or transmission overhaul, there is a wide choice of repair centers. When choosing a facility, check its quality, service, price, reputation, and warranties. Have a clear understanding what service work is being completed and how you are being charged for that service with a written estimate. Maintain an open communication with the technician and service writer. Keep good records of all work completed on your vehicle.
Activities and Study Questions
Activities and study questions can be completed in the Auto Upkeep Workbook.
Research careers using the Occupational Outlook Handbook.